My chronological re-listen to a curated list of 1,553 tracks from my Pink Floyd catalog. As I make my way through I will be reflecting on the music as well as memories from my 25 years as a collector.
About the List
As of January 19th, 2017 there are 1,553 tracks on the list, here’s what it includes :
- All commercially released Pink Floyd studio and live albums.
- All commercially released Pink Floyd singles that include track(s) that do not appear on albums OR edited/extended/alternate versions of tracks that do appear on albums.
- All commercially released studio or live solo albums by a current or past member of Pink Floyd. (includes Syd Barrett, David Gilmour, Roger Waters, Richard Wright and Nick Mason)
- All commercially released solo singles by a Pink Floyd member that include track(s) that do not appear on albums OR edited/extended/alternate versions of tracks that do appear on albums.
- All commercially released Pink Floyd member contributions to soundtrack or compilation albums (ex. When The Wind Blows, The Legend of 1900, etc)
- All Pink Floyd and solo member demo material in my collection.
- At least one live show from every year/tour. Additional live shows can be added if they contain significant setlist changes, different arrangements/performances of songs, important events, or songs rarely performed (in some cases I will include only the particular song as opposed to the entire show).
- All unreleased Pink Floyd and solo studio materials in my collection. (unreleased = not appearing on an official release but otherwise available from alternative sources)
- Pink Floyd member appearances as guests on other artist’s recordings.
…and what it does not include :
- Cover versions of Pink Floyd or solo member songs by other artists.
- Commercially released Pink Floyd and solo member videos and concert videos with certain exceptions :
- Concert videos that were subsequently released as audio versions (ex. Live in Pompeii, etc).
- Concert videos that were also released as audio recordings but contained different track lists (ex. Delicate Sound of Thunder, PULSE, etc). In this case, additional tracks from the video version of the show will be added to the playlist at the end of the audio version.
- Commercially released videos or movies that contain music that was not released in an audio format and does not duplicate content already in the playlist (ex. La Carrera Panamericana, Margritte, Colors of Infinity, White of the Eye, etc). In this case, the audio will be extracted from the video and added.
- Television and radio appearances that include audio that was not commercially released in an audio format (ex. David Gilmour on Saturday Night Live, etc).